Vote Based on 1 person rating
Artistic production value of shows
Accessibility to basics
Groceries, drug store, restaurants
Surrounding nightlife activity
Quality of theater building
This theater provides...
- Car? No
- Single-room occupancy? Let us know!
- Shared kitchen? Let us know!
- Shared bathroom? Let us know!
- Laundry? Let us know!
- Gym membership? Let us know!
- Meals? Let us know!
- You'll need to sign in to leave your opinion.
- Ah, a lovely company in California’s “gold country.” They operate 2 theatres within 10 miles of each other. One is a converted warehouse (don’t scoff, some amazing things have happened in theatre warehouses around the world) and a charming music hall theatre dating back to 1885. They have an SPT contract with Equity so the work there is for resume building and health weeks. Non union performers are hired as well. Casting tours are usually in Los Angeles, San Francisco and some times NYC, but they do accept submissions. Usually cars are provided for those who need them. Housing is usually with patrons of the theatre, such as guest houses… but it’s not as intrusive as it sounds. The company is well supported by the community. The artistic value of the productions range from good to ingenious. A big plus to working there is that you're in California’s Gold Country with many out door activities (but very little night life) in any season all just a short drive away. At first glance the area doesn’t seem like a place for culture but soon the charm of the area becomes self evident. Management is quick and attentive. All in all, a positive place to work.